What Can I Bring to Rehab?
The first step to getting the most out of your stay at Silicon Valley Recovery is preparation. Make sure that you only bring items necessary and useful to your recovery process.
As part of the admission process, the staff will conduct a thorough inspection of your belongings before giving a room assignment. Here is a strict list of guidelines to follow:
- Identification: Including Health insurance card & prescription card.
- Luggage: Limit yourself to one large suitcase and one carry-on size bag of clothing. (All Luggage/bags will be searched by staff upon arrival at the facility.)
- Clothing: 7-10 days worth of casual/comfortable clothing that can be layered. Storage is limited. Bring workout attire for the gym and physically active therapy groups.
- Toiletries: Shampoo, Conditioner, Hair-Spray, Mouth Wash, and Sunscreen. All toiletries must be alcohol-free! Any items containing alcohol (such as cologne and mouth wash) will be stored in the facility office and only used with staff supervision.
- Bedding: Towels, Pillow, Sheets, & Comforter will be provided. You may bring your own for comfort reasons if you prefer.
- Spending Money: Clients should bring no more than $400 cash initially. Small bills are preferred (such as $10’s and $20’s)
- Electronics: There is an initial “black out” period without electronics, after this period is complete you will be permitted to use your devices. Silicon Valley Recovery is not responsible for lost, broken, or stolen items.
- Medications: Please arrive with a current list of all your medications and dosages, along with a minimum 4-day supply of prescription medication to avoid any missed doses. While in treatment, authorized medications will be picked up by staff from a local Pharmacy. The client and/or family are responsible for any co-pays or out-of-pocket expenses for purchasing prescribed medications. It is recommended that a credit card be put on file at our local pharmacy along with the client’s insurance information if applicable to facilitate this process.
- Tobacco: Cigarettes, vapes, and chewing tobacco are only allowed in designated areas. Tobacco products (including vape juice) must arrive in their original sealed container.
- Weapons of any kind
- Items of excessive value
- Drug paraphernalia
- Inappropriate Clothing (No tank tops, crop tops, short shorts, miniskirts, lingerie, or clothing with inappropriate or drug-related pictures or graphics will be allowed.)
- External Speakers